Thursday, February 19, 2009

Daddy's Girls
















So, a breakdown of what has been going on around here...

Donny has been off of work since around Thanksgiving, so he has become Mr. Mom (Mr. Dad). The girls are learning amazing new things while staying home with him. For example, I could never teach my girls to make noises like a pterodactyl, draw faces on their hands and make them talk, or how to survive while tackling the dog. Molly has learned how to take out all of the wipes from a box and how to clearly demonstrate that she is just not happy with something. (Today she slammed Sarah's hand in a door.)

Along with all of these crazy things they are learning, they are also exploring their world through playing together, practicing clean up skills, and having the freedom to be princesses all day long. I've truly never seen them happier and while I am overjoyed to see the amazing relationships they are building, I cannot help but wonder what I'm missing out on. I fall in love with him all over again when I think about how great he is doing having been thrown into a situation where he is responsible for so many things. I see what a great man he is because he never complains, never needs a break, and never throws it in my face that I don't do anything around the house! I am finding myself wishing I could stay at home with them each day, yet feeling torn because I wanted to teach so badly. So, time will tell that my girls are well rounded people who can not only use manners and be polite, but can also crow like a friggin pterodactyl. That oughta score some serious points with future boyfriends...

(as I'm writing this, Sarah clears it up that pterodactyls don't crow, they coo. My mistake.)

1 comment:

Diana Lesjak said...

I am learning too!!! I had no idea about the coo-ing!!! Thanks Donny

Sarah's Story

Molly's Story