Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday Morning

I've been working like crazy and was so looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday! I had great plans to take my girls on a stroller ride to the park, maybe the Children's Museum, and a playdate with Xavier and Alaska. This is how my mind works - everything planned out minute by minute!


Welcome to Saturday morning 6:30 a.m. Sarah is peeking in my face saying "The sun is up, Mommy. Good Morning!" I convince her to sit on my bed and watch cartoons while I catch a few more zzz's. I wake up a few minutes later with Higgly Town Heroes blasting on the tv and no Sarah anywhere. I get up and walk out of the room and find her in the crib with Molly - both of them laughing histerically! So much for sleeping in!! We got up and had breakfast (lots of coffee for mommy!) and Molly was quick to fall back asleep with a bottle.


And here's the reason for this post. I spent two uninterupted hours with Sarah - (I admit, the thoughts of laundry, email, job hunting, cleaning all crossed my mind)! We read books, sang our ABC's and practiced identifying letters. She is so smart! Forget the scheduled day, we're staying home and hanging out!


I like days like today where I'm forced to stop and relax. I'm constantly on the go and thinking if I just work nonstop now, later on I can relax. However Later on, there is always more to do! Thank God for kids who force you to stop and breathe once in a while! My children are lifesavers :)

No comments:

Sarah's Story

Molly's Story